Sunday, December 15, 2013

Our first time in Rome, Italy!





 First of all, I would like to start off with a little story.
Some of you may remember back in the beginning when I first starting my blog. I told the story of how I came about the decision to go on my first cross country road trip.
I had came upon a medium amount of money. Enough to either do something cool with, or I could pay my bills for a year or so/save it. I decided to go with the fun one. Now, I had a choice of what cool thing I would do. After a few months of thinking, researching and praying, I had narrowed it down to 3 options;
  1. Go on a mission trip.
  2. Hang out all around Europe for however long I felt like.
  3. Go on a cross country (U.S.A.) road trip.
It was seriously one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. Until I talked to my Aunt Vonnie. After verbally diarrhea-ing all over her about this hard decision, all she said was; 

"Reilly, I think you know what you're supposed to do"

So, off I went shortly after, on my cross country road trip. Again, some of you may remember, the whole thing about this trip was; 

"I dunno where I'm going or where I'll end up but I'm excited"
And I headed East. Expecting NOTHING.

Fast forward 3 or so years....And here I am, in Italy!! Not only in Italy, and able to hang out all over Europe for AT LEAST 3 years, but I'm with the love of my life AND married...With a kitty, some great friends, amazing family. I feel so incredibly blessed. Like I got to have my cake and eat it too :)

It felt so surreal last night researching Eurorail and Trenitalia trying to plan our first trip to Rome, as those were the modes of transportation I was researching 3+ years ago while trying to make my decision.

So fast forward again, to yesterday. 
(yes, it took me like a day and a half to get to writing a blog. I've been soaking my feet and sleeping)

We went to Rome. 

 

For our, well my, very first time, his second. And our friends Josh and Nicole got to go with us.

It was the most, over stimulating, fast, overwhelming, chock full o' knowledge and beautiful sites, sore feet, tours, 100000 pictures, incredible, not what I thought it would be, amazing trip ever. 

We took 2 trains, 2 subways, 1 bus and 1 taxi to get to Rome and back. Barely making each and every one by less than a minute. It was absolute craziness!






 When we got to Rome, we landed RIGHT in from of the Coliseum!




 


 We then took 2 tours both lasting around 4 hours.



 


 



 I feel so lucky to be here, with him.
 




 





 



 




 


 Nicole and I!
 



 


 We then went to a little Italian restaurant and had some great food, pretty drinks and got a little rest in before we had to dash back to the train station. The run came complete with me falling up the stairs, rain, being inches away from buses, horses and whatever else was on the road, having to just walk in front of any vehicle/animal on the road...Oh and me having a small panic attack on the train home.

It was a great day. Honestly. 

Such an awesome first time in Rome. We plan on going back ALOT more during our time here.


 To see all the rest of the pictures we took in Rome, visit this link :)

 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.421832687944137.1073741848.100003522271099&type=1&l=ec77102356


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment