Friday, February 21, 2014

15 Confessions of an American Living in Italy.



 1. I have a love-hate relationship with the driving here. There are no rules.







2. I love Italian music, even if I can't understand the words. It's happy music.
 


3. Sometimes I miss Pizza Hut and Dominoes.






4.  I wish I could adopt all of the stray cats and dogs.





5. Sometimes I feel insecure when I'm out in town, these Italians are sooo good looking with their dark and exotic, sexiness. Rude.


                                        


6. And speaking of being sexy...sometimes it'd be nice to have just a regular ol' American donut with all the unhealthy, gooey yumminess that comes with all the processing ;)


 


6. I love the Italian/European work ethic. It's almost sort of like their driving, no rules. You'll often hear "we go now" and see them closing up shop for various reasons whether it be lunch or to go home and take a nap anywhere between 11:30am - 4:30, every day. 


7. “Dolce far niente – the sweetness of doing nothing.” Italians have mastered this ethic. To truly live, and enjoy their lives. I've always felt that too many people live to work when it should be the other way around.


8. Italians have a passion for eating but also for talking. I think I'll fit in perfectly here ;)


9. It bothers me that I can't just get in my car and drive for days and days, alone. Here I have to be safe and know where I'm going. Pffffft.


10. I love that Italians are loud and passionate. Again, I'm fitting in perfectly here!


11. I think I will never eat regular ice cream again after eating Gelato.


12. Google Translate. I love you.


13. My absolute favorite Italian song right now is Mi Mi Mi by Serebro



14. I think the Italian language is one of the most beautiful languages out there.



15. I will, one day, own a turquoise wooden boat and fish in the Amalfi Coast, often.





post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment