Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving mistakes

 Did you know that "Happy Thanksgiving" is "Happy Thanksgiving" in Italian too?
I didn't either.

So today is Thanksgiving. Such a different Thanksgiving than I've ever experienced before. We were blessed enough to celebrate it with our good friends Joe, Hazel and their four kids; Kira, Aidan, Connor and Gavin. And of course Navi'.
Hazel totally outdid herself with the food. IT. WAS. EXTRVAGLORIOUS.



You know what these are? CREAM PUFFS. Homemade. Absolutely amaaaaaazing.

I realized earlier today that I've been focused so much on this Italy thing that I've been minimizing on some other things in my loved ones lives. Not intentionally of course, but, I feel terrible and I want everyone to know that I'm aware and am working on finding that balance :)

Yesterday was my Uncle Johns funeral, and I wasn't able to be there, let alone talk with my family very much about it due to stupid phone service, distance, time and ridiculous situations coming up. He was remembered with military honors at the same cemetery my Grandpa was years ago. 

In Very Loving Memory, Uncle John.




Also, I was unable to be there in person or via Skype/phone when my cousin Steph and her husband Bobby went to my parents the other night. They live in Seattle so for the 4 of them to have a chance to get together AND be able to Skype or be on the phone with Riley and I at the same time is kind of rare. I missed that, and that makes me sad, especially so close to us moving to Italy.

My Mom's been really excited lately about new stuff she's learning, my Dad and his health and work...I haven't been able to call other family members...

I always try to live life as if there's no tomorrow, experience all the new things I can and cherish the time I have with each and every person I care about, but this Thanksgiving is more than that this year. This one is special, for a variety of reasons.

I'm thankful for;
  1. God and all he's done for and provided for me. 
  2. My husband, Jacob Shepherd (aka Riley). He treats me like the most awesome human being he's ever met, he also treats me as an equal, helps me become a better person, makes me feel beautiful and needed...There isn't enough space on the internet for me to explain how important he is to me :)
  3. My cat, Navi'
  4. My parents. Again, not enough room.
  5. My cousin Steph...and her husband Bobby
  6. My in-laws
  7. Family
  8. Friends that I've had since childhood and have just met and yet to meet
  9. Electrical power; lights, plug ins, my laptop, my camera, my phone etc. ;)
  10. Other peoples kids that I actually like
  11. Things that make me laugh, or cry (the good kind of tears)
  12. Food
  13. Water
  14. Shelter
  15. Having a GREAT childhood 
  16. That I'm not pregnant yet and that it will happen at the right time
  17. My bed
  18. My health
  19. The military
  20. Interesting weather
  21. Educational (and of course entertaining) shows
  22. Movies
  23. My growing patience
  24. Good people, with good morals
  25. Chocolate
  26. Cheese
  27. Vehicles
  28. The internet
  29. The color pink :)
  30. Clothes

 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment