Saturday, November 30, 2013

...And we're off!!!

This was a special wine. A wine handcrafted in Oregon - where we're from, and given to us by my parents to drink and celebrate with on our last night in the States.



 So we celebrated! It was an interesting, sparkling/dry white wine...But very good, and perfect for our send off.



 This morning at 4:00am ready to go, we were even there before the employees were!



 STILL waiting to get checked in.



 There's our plane! HERE WE GOOOOO!



 Navi is with us safe and sound :)



 After we left North Carolina, we landed in Atlanta, Georgia to switch planes. This is the view when we left Atlanta.



  And the view coming in to Norfolk, Virginia!



 Norfolk, Virginia again.



 And...Norfolk again!



 So we were able to spend about 8 hours exploring Norfolk, VA while we wait(ed) for our military flight to take us away. We had lunch, did a little shopping and saw a movie; The Delivery Man....VERY good movie by the way.

I'm also very pleased to say that I haven't needed my Earplanes, gum, sudafed, benadryl or Riley's hand to crush because I'm either a) scared to death or b) my ears hurt.

It's been so amazing and fun traveling with Riley, my husband. I feel like we're little kids again, all the time, just gleaming and the butterflies are going crazy. He makes me feel safe, provides for me, lends a hand in case I never need something to crush ;) I couldn't be happier to be starting this brand new adventure in Italy with him :)

So...here's to the next round of flights, 11+ hours in the air then finally to Italy. WOOOO!!!

See ya'll on the other side!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment