Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Moving to Italy part 3




 We should've been gymnasts, or cheerleaders.



Well, maybe not for real, but we could've been today!

Another woe of moving is the stuff you have to do AFTER all your stuff is packed, or on a ship headed overseas. 
When we went to our apartment today to take the last of the trash out we noticed a couple dozen nails in the wall that needed to be taken out. Okay, great, that's easy enough right? Nope. Not without a step ladder, and the nails are literally almost to the ceiling.

So, we improvised, in order to prevent having to make yet ANOTHER trip to go get what we need and go back, again. 

We're so ready to go. We just wanna be done here.

 Imagine me sitting, with my back leaned up against the wall, my knees up and Riley stepping up onto my knees, like a step ladder for, like a said, a couple dozen nails.
By like the 8th nail we had this little cheerleader strategy going on. He would jump up onto my knees, I would hold him steady by his shins, he would get the nail then jump down with a foot on either side of me.

I actually felt kind of proud of us! It was like, the ultimate teamwork.



 






 



 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment