Friday, November 22, 2013

Moving to Italy Part 2

Saying that this past 3 weeks or so have been stressful would be a gigantic understatement.






To try to find just one, or even a few words to describe these past few weeks would also be a gigantic impossibility, there are 5915473333 feelings, thoughts and emotions flying around. It's like a giant circus, some things you can see and some you can't.
Here, I'll give you a taste;

Surreal
Nervous
Excited
Can't believe it
HAPPY!!!
"Do we have everything?"
"Where's the cat?"
"WHERE'S THE CAT??!"
"Oh, there he is, you scared me Navi'!!!"
"Babe? Since you have one, can I buy a $60 backpack? Pretty please?"
Grateful
Blessed
In Love
What should we do first in Italy?
"What do we do with our old cell phones? How will family contact us while we're there?"
Giddy
Anxiety
(mostly me) yelling and being rude, because I'm stressed
Being stressed because I'm NOT stressed, and that stresses me out
"I'm gonna make wine and become a fisherwoman when we get there!!"
"I want a wooden turquoise boat"
We need new furniture
Consolidating and getting rid of everything we possibly can
"I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE MOVING TO ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of takeout
Our cat wandering around our empty apartment looking like he's thinking; WHAT THE HELL, WHERE. IS. ALL. THE. STUFF.
"I need the car tomorrow" 
"No I need the car tomorrow!"
"Ummm, can we borrow a blanket? The movers packed all ours"
And finally...me, sitting in a Starbucks doing stuff on my phone and computer because we are essentially homeless.

There ya have it.

Sounds exciting right? IT IS. No I mean it, It really is. I would never trade this in, it's such an amazing, once in a lifetime experience, I'm so happy that I get to go through it :)


Tonight, I sit in my local Starbucks with my "survival backpack" I like to call it. It comes with excedrin, my phone charger with my phone on it, 3 books, my dayplanner, a notebook, 2 pens, about 3 other chargers I'll need, my eye cover for sleep, sunglasses, heat wraps and of course my laptop when I'm not on it. Which I am, at Starbucks ;) The reason I'm here and not home is because everything in our home is now on moving trucks or ships or however they get it to Italy. The movers got the job done in two days-yesterday and today, it was quite impressive actually.









When I mentioned the last few weeks have been stressful, I don't mean in a bad way necessarily. Just, alot going on. Although, I will admit that I should've had more faith than I did, as in the end, everything I was mostly stressed about worked out, even better than I could've ever hoped for in fact. 

I would have to say that the most stressful part, for me, was the packing part...I mean, I knew that there would be movers, but we still had to separate our stuff into;
1) Flight carry on 
2) Two 29 inch luggage's each, to check at the airport  (enough stuff to last us until our express shipment gets there, which takes about 2 months)
3) Express shipment 
4) Household goods 
5) Storage stuff and finally, 
6) stuff in boxes that were giving to certain people.

My advice to anyone moving overseas in general or with the military:
Do your research, find out what airline you'll be flying and find out all the specifications for not only your luggage but for your animal if you have one, too.

R  E  L  A  X 

Stay Positive

Have faith, everything WILL work out :)

Do the things you need to do such as; selling your car, animal/human medical appointments, lose weight, taking inventory of your stuff, upping your renters insurance, calling all bills and utilities, saving money, going to the moving overseas classes (if in the military), sell/get rid of and consolidate your stuff, FAR in advance. Do it early. I can't stress that enough.

But most of all, enjoy the ride!! It will be as amazing as you make it. Look at the adventure, the place, and yourself with the right kind of perspective, with love, happiness, joy, positivity and gratefulness. Not many people get to do what you're doing so make it something worth talking, or reading about :)





"Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, and Don't be Sorry." -Jack Kerouac #quote via beautiful #typography


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment