Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What a Crazy Beautiful Ride.

2013.
By far one of the top, best years of my life.

And I'm only just getting started.

The year 2013 started out on top, the best it could get. Or so I thought. Riley and I got engaged on January 20th, 2013. So naturally, the next few months was the "honeymoon phase" of planning the wedding and celebrating, of course.





In March, I said goodbye to my Honda Civic, the car the brought me to North Carolina and ultimately to this life I'm living now





bought my new car:


 



AND adopted our kitty, Naviche'





In April, Riley turned 27 years old

In May, I turned 27 AND found out we had been approved to move to Italy! It was probably the best birthday present I have ever been given.
I also took a road trip from North Carolina to Missouri to visit my aunt Vonnie.

In June, there was a hurricane, I broke my pinky toe, and house/pet sat some really amazing dogs.




July was a busy month of planning for our trip to Oregon in August.

Then in August we drove to Oregon (our home state) . If you go here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.365163406944399.1073741837.100003522271099&type=1&l=ae0aee4ff8

You can see all the pictures from that trip.


 Then had our wedding on August 7th, 2013!

 

To see more pictures of our wedding, you can go to this link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.376513475809392&type=1&l=9e084a6f3c

Then in September, I drove back home to North Carolina from Oregon. Just me and my kitty. (Riley flew back right after the wedding for work)
And it was a month of relaxing, shopping, packing and preparing for our move to Italy.

When October came, I took yet another cross country road trip, making it my 4th time across the country and back, this time it was just me...To take my Mazda to my parents' while we're in Italy for the 3 years. I spent some time there, then flew back:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.394585754002164.1073741843.100003522271099&type=1&l=7f0ddf69eb

On November 29th, 2013, we started our journey to Italy! We flew out from North Carolina, stopped in Virginia, then Portugal and finally arriving in Naples, Italy on November 30th, 2013.
And this is where our new story, here in Italy begins :)

On the very first day of our area orientation class, we met two amazing people, Josh and Nicole. We instantly clicked and have been having the time of our lives exploring Italy, celebrating birthdays (Navi' turning 1) and anniversaries, trying out new bars and towns, meeting the locals and trying to learn the language, "not having a Christmas", Nicole and I walking EVERYWHERE, deciding how we want to spend our time here, missing family, going through awkward situations, seeing each other cry, and laugh, borrowing brooms, food and cars, singing karaoke horribly but still having an amazing time, going through our first "Italian" earthquake, driving out in town and amongst the anarchy they call traffic here and deciding to get healthy/start working out, and having each other to motivate.
I feel seriously blessed to have met them. They are so much fun, intriguing, unpredictable, adventurous and the best of friends anyone could ask for.

As for Riley and I, there have been times of stress and/or friction between the two of us but we've worked through them together, and as it should be, gotten stronger because of it. And we are so happy, and grateful. I can't say it enough, how thankful we are to have been given this opportunity to live in Italy for 3+ years.
Although, we are anxiously awaiting for the rest of our stuff from the states to get here, which won't happen until a few weeks from now :/

To see all of the pictures of our new lives here, up to date, you can visit this link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.421832687944137.1073741848.100003522271099&type=1&l=ec77102356


Today, on the first day of 2014. I did my annual file organizing for the new year, deep cleaning and organizing of our home, bathing Navi'...basically doing what I felt necessary to go into this new year on a clean and bright fresh board. We have our health, good friends, family back home that we love and miss, and 5392009361 new countries, cities and places to explore! This year, for me and my family, will be prosperous, full of joy, love and most of all, even if for just one person, we can make a positive difference in their lives. 

This year,
I will become a better wife
I will lose my goal amount of weight and get HEALTHIER
I will face any fears that I may face with courage and strength  
I will strengthen my relationship with God
I will see or do something new, even if it scares me at least once a week
and lastly,
I will prepare myself so that when my parents come in December, they will have the time of their lives, as we will be able to financially and physically provide the greatest trip to Italy anyone will ever experience :)

I say I will, rather than, "I'm gonna try", or "I hope I can" because I WILL. These are not "New Years Resolutions" these are things that will happen!

Here's to a whole new year, good changes, adventure, progress and constantly bettering ourselves!





Here's to 2014!! I hope everyone has an amazing year.



 



post signature

















1 comment:

  1. What a great a blog! I love the recap. Dad and I did that very same exact identical thing last night with our Xmas trees branches, a fire, and a bottle of bubbly stuff!

    ReplyDelete