Friday, December 14, 2012

Girl Meets World

Okay so I'm pretty sure most of you know about the show Boy Meets World. If you don't, first of all you missed out and second, it's a show about a young boy; Cory Matthews, and it follows him through his entire life up until gets married to his childhood love, Topanga.
It was on air from 1993 - 2000. I have watched this show religiously ever since it started, and yes even now, as a 26 year old, I still watch it anytime it comes on. I felt like I grew up with the people on this show, I learned what they learned, I cried when they cried...I felt as if they were my friends/family.

I have always and will always love Boy Meets World.

Which brings me to the reason for the title of my blog; Girl, Meet World. I remember when I first decided to start a blog (brought on by a decision to take a cross country road trip and see what kinda life it lead me to), I had the hardest time coming up with not only the name but the URL for it. It was such a commitment and I wanted it to be right. Then one day, it hit me, Girl, Meet World. I loved Boy Meets World so much and I felt that's what I was setting out to do; to meet the world. I knew I was going to experience things, learn things, probably cry a few times and face some adversity, just like on the show. So I felt it fit, just right.
 Of course I didn't want the title to be EXACTLY like Boy Meets World so I made it just slightly different.

When I started this blog I had no idea what it would become, what I would learn from it or that I would discover that I actually have a passion for writing. I have been doing it now for almost 2 years and I still get that sparkly feeling inside when I sit down to write, it always seems to just flow, and I feel the purpose. I just love it. So when my cousin sent me the link with the article announcing that they were coming out with a sequel to Boy Meets World called Girl Meets World; about Cory and Topangas daughter, at first I thought it was a joke but then as I read further, I saw that their daughters name on the show would be RILEY, and that this was certainly not a joke. This was for real. I was beside myself with excitement and ideas and hope...I'm not sure if I can even separate all of the feelings and thoughts I was experiencing but one thing I do know, is that I honestly felt like this was not a coincidence.

Of course I didn't think that they "took my idea" at all but - I am a firm believer in synchronicity and that things don't just randomly happen. Especially something so parallel as this.
So, being the idealist I am, I knew I needed to do something, I wasn't sure what for the first day or so but then I just knew. I needed to contact them somehow, tell them my story and just see where it went from there. As I said in the letter I've sent them, it would be an absolute honor to be apart of the show somehow, in any way, whether its apart of the creative side of things, any writing they need help with, ideas or even just set/production stuff, anything.

I genuinely feel like aside from the blog title, our names being the same and my love for Boy Meets World, I actually feel like the character of Riley Matthews and I have quite a bit in common. In reading the description of her character and what they are looking to make the show be like, I felt like I was reading my own blog. Another synchronicity. 

Now, along with being an idealist, I also am aware of the reality of things. I'm not totally naive', just have alot of faith :)

Anyway, what I've done so far is I've sent them actual letters, through the mail, and my next move is to hopefully get in touch with or get them to see my blog via the internet. I want to be as respectful as possible but with also the hopes of getting through to them somehow, and just maybe something amazing might happen.

So I'm asking everyone to back me up on this, anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. Even if it's just your prayers and positive thoughts. I want what's meant to be, to be.

So, here's to it! Let's see what comes of this. I'm thrilled to see how all of this plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment