Monday, June 18, 2012

Fathers Day 2012

Fathers day, 2012. Much different, for me, than last year, and much, much different than the year before that....It still blows my mind where life takes us. Where it has taken me this past year.

I am currently, and still in North Carolina, and thoroughly enjoying my new life here. But I sure do miss my dad. This is the longest I have ever been away from 'home'/Oregon. AND my parents. What can I say, I've always been sort of a "mommy's" girl and a "daddy's" girl. I am an only child and am and pretty much have always been very close with both of my parents. I miss them more and more every day. It's sort of bittersweet, though. Because on one hand, like I said, I am seriously enjoying my new life out here, I am sooo happy in my relationship and love the great friends I've met here, but I really miss them.
My dad is my hero. He is who I always have and always will look up to. I know that I can count on getting a wise, un-biased opinion from him when I need it, a reassuring smile (even if it is on Skype) and can most certainly count on him for anything.

Thank you for being an amazing father to me, and raising me right. I love you :)


And happy Fathers Day to all you other dads out there!!
New dads, dads-to-be, dads that are used to it...And to those dads that decided to stick around, do the right thing, and stay strong...thank you, you're a good man. :)

Today, June 17th, 2012 aka Fathers Day, I woke up early and went and picked up some coffee, donuts and a, I-know-you're-not-a-father-yet-but-I-know-you'll-be-an-amazing-father-one-day card for Riley :) We took our breakfast and spent our morning on the beach. It was absolutely perfect.

As we crested the hill, this is what we were greeted with.


The water was breathtaking.



So we went for the best feeling swim for awhile....


Then we sat and enjoyed our donuts and coffee :)







It was probably in the top 10 of most perfect way I've spent my morning :)

After we left the beach we drove back into town and took a "Sunday drive" exploring some new areas that I haven't seen yet, then we picked up some gardening supplies.

Once we got home we relaxed, ate lunch, cleaned the house and got ready for the week.

Then, we planted all our little seeds we got! (I have been SO excited about trying out this whole gardening thing!)









































Now we wait!
I'll certainly be posting the progress, I am beside myself so excited to see what will come of this!


No comments:

Post a Comment