Thursday, June 16, 2011

That moment when a stranger smiles at you.

I'm sitting here enjoying the sounds of Frank Sinatra, Jamie Cullum, Nat King Cole, and Etta James.
The cat is twisting around my ankles and the fan is gently sending a breeze down my back.

I love this song so much, especially right now. Again, I love when songs just speak to you, or speak to other people, about you...it's like Frank Sinatra wrote this just for me :)

That's Life
By Frank Sinatra


That's life, that's what all the people say.
You're riding high in April,
Shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune,
When I'm back on top, back on top in June.

I said that's life, and as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks,
Stompin' on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down,
'Cause this fine ol' world it keeps spinning around

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself, flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.

That's life

I tell ya, I can't deny it,
I thought of quitting baby,
But my heart just ain't gonna buy it.
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try,
I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself laying flat on my face,
I just pick myself up and get back in the race

That's life

That's life and I can't deny it
Many times I thought of cutting out
But my heart won't buy it
But if there's nothing shakin' come this here July
I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and die
My, My



Life is full of questions and curiosities; what does it all mean? who am I? What was I put on this earth for? Is it love? And the biggest one of all,
 
Why?

I think we all see what we want to see.

"whether you think you can, or you think you can't.You're right."

Often we hear, "be happy with where you are, with what you have." and, "bloom where you are planted." While those are true statements, there is a fine line between those and still, actually pursuing your dreams. Sometimes we need to break out of the box, or step out into the ocean. Doesn't mean we are not happy with what we had, or where we were, just means we had a thirst for something bigger.

There are so many different perspectives and levels to even just one sentence, whatever that sentence may be. it's so intriguing to me, the way our minds work.

I think that if we all realized that each person has a unique mind; what they hear, may not be what you hear, how you see the world, may not be the way someone else sees the world...and that there are ways to figure it out and work it to where we can actually understand each other, mentally, psychologically...I think we would be much closer to world peace, if every person was open to seeing, and understanding that, and each other.
Heres a way to start: http://www.keirsey.com/sorter/instruments2.aspx?partid=0
My mom got on the kick of this personality test a few months ago, and at first, I didn't take it seriously, I procrastinated on doing it, but then, when I did...wow. It is actually very accurate and actually does help us to understand eachother. I would have to honestly give this thing the credit for the mend of a few really close friendships in my life that almost dissolved. It has also made my mom and I about 1000 times closer.
just by simply understanding one another, great things can happen.


For example, I am an INFJ which means I: introverted N: intuitive F: feeling J: judging

The Protector

As an INFJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit with your personal value system.

INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types.

INFJs place great importance on havings things orderly and systematic in their outer world. They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives. On the other hand, INFJs operate within themselves on an intuitive basis which is entirely spontaneous. They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it. Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions.
INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. most INFJs are protective of their inner selves, sharing only what they choose to share when they choose to share it. They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger. They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress.

They believe in constant growth, and don't often take time to revel in their accomplishments. They have strong value systems, and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right. They don't believe in compromising their ideals.

INFJ is a natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective.



And that is me. Exactly. So if you ever want to figure out someone else, or even yourself a little deeper, do this. I promise, it will make a difference in your life, and it will open your eyes to something you may not have seen before.

A smile is the same in all languages. So if you see someone without a smile, give them yours.


We are all more connected than we think. We are all here on this earth together, we were all made, and put here, on this planet for a reason. I love that. And you know what makes me smile? When, in every day situations, that unity comes out, almost automatically. You know, those situations where no one has to talk about it, or discuss it, or ask if it's alright...we just do it. We just unite, come together, as one. I know that there's bad in this world, but I believe that there is so much more good.

Which brings me to this. It's by Norwegian Recycling. And possibly the coolest thing I have heard in awhile. Really gives a new perspective on the harmony of the world we all live in.










And you know, be kind to each person you meet, because we are all fighting some sort of battle, unknown to each other. Just be nice. Smile. Live your life in such a way that you would honor your parents even if they can't see you. And I think if we work together, we really can make this world a better place :)

1 comment: